Community Manager. Writer. Producer. Digital Strategist. Fangirl.
BLACK GIRLS CREATE Founder – Community and Marketing Manager Sep 2015 – Present
Black Girls Create is a community hub for black creators and nerds. Through our site, we showcase a variety of creativity including, but not limited to, essays, fiction, art, and other forms of multimedia.
- Write blog content relating to entertainment and cultural topics.
- Created a marketing strategy which has expanded the site to 4x initial audience size since launch.
- Find and build partner relationships to help boost audience and reach of Black Girls Create brand.
- Creator and co-host of the affiliated podcast, #WizardTeam.
- Community Manager of Facebook group tailored to blog audience and followers.
MEGASTAR Community Manager Oct 2017 – Jul 2018
Megastar is the world’s first entertainment and global talent competition app where performers compete for a cash prize. The winner is chosen by fans and celebrity judges who follow the competition and vote in the Megastar app.
- Developed and enforced Community Guidelines for participants in the mobile app.
- Managed and oversee communication with outsourced customer support professionals.
- Produced a daily live show streamed in app and on Facebook “Megastar Live Lightning.
- Supervised. and monitor the production process.
NEW RELIC Community Manager Sept 2015 – Oct 2017
New Relic is a software analytics company that delivers real-time insights to more than 14,000 paid business accounts. New Relic helps companies improve application performance, create delightful customer experiences, and realize business success.
- Designed and implemented a strategy to build a customer advocate community.
- Manage and operate the advocate community, build and engage an audience and increase community participation.
- Oversee strategic projects and events related to community and developer relations.
- Coordinate community activities with other members of the Marketing, Support and Engineering organizations.
Produced the #TWiBnation Live Media stage for Netroots Nation 2015, helped book guest such as former Presidential candidate, Gov. Martin O’Malley. Responsible for guest booking, logistics and on-site support for all aspects of the Media stage during the three day event.
Produced all aspects of the Megastar Live Lightning competition, sourced talent, wrote scripts, created graphics and managed audience engagement as well as performing Community Manager duties.
Producer and co-host of the podcast #WizardTeam: A Harry Potter Podcast. In addition to shows that garner over 15,000 listeners per week, we also produce live shows and programming at different pop culture fan conventions around the country.